Last week it was announced that due to rising rates of Covid-19, that we enter another Lockdown that is expected to last around 6 weeks. While this isn’t exactly how we had hoped to start the new year, we are here to reassure you that we are still here.
The housing market is set to remain open during this time, meaning people can still view houses, move house or get essential maintenance done.
Like the previous lockdown, our Leeds letting and estate agency office premises are currently open to the public but we do ask to only attend if your visit is essential and ask that you call or email us first.
Coronavirus (covid-19) regulations are clear that if anyone wishes to move home for sale or letting purposes they may do so on the grounds that the key activities can happen safely.
sbliving is following government advice in a number of ways including-
- Asking our staff, our tenants and our viewers to stay 2 meters apart at all times.
- Asking our negotiators to wear face coverings on viewings.
- Vetting householders to identify where someone is self isolating or suffering Covid symptoms in advance of accented or viewings.
- Asking tradesmen to manage their time in properties in a Covid Secure manner.
- Holding virtual viewings upon all properties.
- Offering all of our tenants a remote sign up process.
- During a physical property viewing, we advise wearing a face covering and do not touch anything within the household. We also advise using sanitiser before entering and of course practice social distancing.
Anyone especially vulnerable or high risk to Coronavirus or who has received a shielding letter from their doctor should disclose this to their Estate or letting agent immediately so that a risk assessment can be undertaken specific to their situation and needs. If you have symptoms or are self-isolating and are due to have a home visit by our staff, please inform us in advance so this can be rearranged
Covid secure working practises involve the relevant party undertaking a risk assessment in advance and should have cleaning hand washing and hygiene procedures in place for their relevant activity while keeping 2 meters apart at all times.
A huge portion of our tenants are Leeds students. In adherence with the Government guidance, Universities are phasing the return of students during the month of January and remain open although some courses will have virtual lectures. We are looking forward to welcoming back our student tenants this month.